Restore Your Smile
Living with missing or damaged teeth can drastically affect your self-confidence and your ability to eat and speak naturally. Dental implants are designed to look and feel just like your natural teeth, so you don’t have to worry about daily additional care that comes with other restoration options. Best of all, dental implants can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a prosthetic replacement tooth that’s secured using a titanium post that’s directly placed into your jaw. A dental implant restoration fuses with your jawbone for unmatched stability and replaces missing teeth from root to crown. Through a process called osseointegration, the dental implant will naturally form a secure bond with your jaw. Implants can be used to restore any number of missing teeth, and with proper care, can last a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide many unique benefits that other tooth replacement options can’t match, including:
- Natural look and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Resistant to decay
- Can last up to a lifetime
- Prevents jawbone from shrinking
- Maintained just like your natural teeth
The Dental Implant Process
The journey to your new smile will be completed through a three-step process that’s typically done over the course of a few months. These steps include:
- Initial Consultation: The first step of your treatment begins with your first consultation with our Shaftsbury dentists. During this visit, your teeth, gums, and jaw will be examined to determine if dental implants are the right option for your oral health. If you need supplemental procedures our dentists will let you know, as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Implant Placement: Once you’re ready, one of our dentists will fuse the implant fixture to your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown. You’ll need to allow three to six months for the implant site to fully heal before we can finish your treatment.
- Final Restoration: Once your mouth has fully healed, you’ll return to our Shaftsbury office for the last step of your treatment. We’ll securely attach your chosen restoration to the implant fixture to complete the process. Once it’s attached, you’ll instantly enjoy the many benefits of your brand new smile.
Is it painful to get dental implants?
The dental implant process is minimally painful due to our advanced technology and techniques we utilize. We’ll administer a local anesthetic during your dental implant procedure for your comfort. Once the anesthesia kicks in, our patients feel little to no discomfort.
What can I expect when the anesthesia wears off?
Since there are no open wounds with dental implant surgery, healing is relatively quick. Patients can expect some minor discomfort. However, this can usually be managed with over-the-counter medications such as ibuprofen or a cold compress.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Most patients qualify for dental implants thanks to the advancements of technology in the dental field. If you want to live your life without restrictions, dental implants may be the solution for you. Unlike dentures, implants fuse directly into your jawbone, ensuring they won’t fall out or slide around in your mouth.
How much do dental implants cost?
The price of your dental implants will vary depending on certain factors such as how many implants you need, the need for supplemental procedures, and whether or not your insurance will fully cover the costs of your treatment. For an accurate estimate, schedule a consultation with one of our Shaftsbury dentists where they’ll work with you to develop a customized treatment plan just for you.
Your New Smile Awaits With Shaftsbury Dental Center
If you’re looking to rejuvenate your smile and live your life without restrictions, dental implants are the top restoration choice. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or a full arch, implants offer the ability to restore your smile’s health and natural beauty. Call our Shaftsbury practice at (802)-442-7300 to schedule a consultation or fill out our convenient online contact form.